Sunday, April 10, 2011

A sunday in Heaven

before


Today was a great Sunday of cycling classics and season openers.

I started with being woken by a crash of thunder over heads and a down pour over the city. I can't say my motivation was at it's but getting ready somewhat hastily, I remembered it was the day of the cobbled classic "Paris-Roubaix" and laughed at myself grumbling about the thought of roughing it a bit in the rain and dirt trails of my first race of the year, the Tour of Bronte.

It was however sunny by the time I set off, for a short but sweet 88Km blitz around the provincial park tarmac and hard pack gravel.
after
details on garmin here

It was a mixed field with elite 1/2 mixed in with M1, but I managed to hang in the pack for a 27th place finish overall and 13th in my division.

And Darkhorse Flyers had a great day with a 5th and 6th place from the young riders of the Elite team.

5974959SMITH, IsaacDARKHORSE FLYERSRME.1 2h 17' 04"00' 00"
6774921BLACK, KevinDARKHORSE FLYERSRME.2 2h 17' 12"00' 08"


So finally I was pretty stoked to have made the effort...and to top it all off a relaxing evening catching up on the days events at Paris Roubaix with a nice cuppa tea and a ruby murry.

short clip from today

Roll on Hell of the North in two weeks time....

No comments:

Post a Comment