Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day post turkey ride...

So tell me how do you work off two days of binge drinking, mild alcohol poisoning and 14000cal turkey fest?

And get back into the spirit of base training again so soon after Christmas?

Well the desire to slip into my new merino, Rapha jersey helps, the paunch doesn't really do it justice.
____________________________________
Watching all those cute Euro chicks hammering away in the mud, got my motivational juices flowing
____________________________________
Supplement that with a mild dose of boxing day World cup Cyclo-cross racing from Zolder on Cycling.tv , and its not to hard to drag you're cellulite out for a two hour easy E2 grind in the cold and wet. Actually it was beautiful out there gray skies and the winter sun poking its head out through the twilight filling the wet empty roads with goldern light. There was even a rainbow to keep me company.

I remembered how much i enjoy winter riding.....of course my new Merino, Rapha wolly hat helped as well...


And although my new favourite, Daphny Van Den Brand only managed to come in 3rd today, too much festive excess's perhaps the day before perhaps. Watching all those cute Euro chicks hammering away in the mud, got my motivational juices flowing again.



As for the men well they are just crazy, X races are pretty much an hour sprint in the ice and mud but you gotta admire their commitment.

OK new year just round the corner, new motivations.....new results???

HaVe a mERrY jOllY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment