Wednesday, October 14, 2009

High levels of fitness does not eqaute to good health.


Well i'm ill again... Gosh darn it!

I'm getting so pissed off about this...

Through the wonders of modern computer training logs I can look back and see that in the last 12 months I have had 7 yes S-e-v-e-n feckin bouts of cold or flu in the last 12 months.

Some pretty mild lasting a few days, some that wiped me out for weeks at a time.

I've also been the fittest overall probably I ever have been in my life. Go figure!

But seven times is just well, draining. especially when you consider that during that time I've also crashed 5 times, broken 4 bones (one finger in two places, collar bone, and one rib) and sustained an internal head injury that leaves my hearing sounding at times like I've got a broken speaker cone in my head.

The rib I actually did reaching for the computer mouse whilst leaning over the arm of a chair so i guess I'm just unlucky these days or something.

But never the less I've come to the conclusion I was a lot healthier being unfit!

Honestly though I realise that also during that time, I've been through a lot of emotional turmoil as well; combine that with not taking the time and money to eat well, and getting all Jacques Anqueteil about my training I guess its no surprise.

Something has got to give! Up until now its been my immune system I guess.

Well BASE is the time to make positive changes, I've been doing a lot of that lately. I guess its time I do a little more.

Especially where my diet and social life is concerned. More fruit and veg! More sleep!

I have a 340km ride coming up at the end of the month hopefully i'll be back in shape for that!

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment