Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another day, another douleur

There something about the Paris- Roubaix classic. Some thing about the mud and the pave (cobbles) the ridiculousness of the pain and suffering the riders put themselves through to endure that race that inspires me.

I woke up this morning absolutely shattered, a combination of work, school, training and emotional stress is getting the better of me.

Trying to do it all, work a really physical job, cut weight, study and train as well as have a bit of time to go out and play on the weekends is taking a real toll on my body and mind. Especially when you throw in a few broken bones, sleep deprivation and the odd virus here and there.

But I dragged myself out of bed, made a protein fruit shake and started to watch, the road to roubaix documentary.



And before you know it I was up and out on my bike again ramped up for the future!!

I have a picture of George Hincapie on the cobbles covered in mud above my computer (see above) to motivate me. I look at it and see myself riding along the Pave, in the wet and cold, through the mud and the pain.

When ever I hit a terrible section of road or dirt track up North, or am battered by a cross wind or sheets of rain or sleet, I imagine I'm out on the stretches of those Flanders fields, and it keeps me going, with a wry smile on my face and a warm glow in my belly.

I smirk at myself for doing this but I guess all you northern cyclists will understand what I'm going on about.

heres todays ride E2 1hr5min nothing special but they are getting easier which is a good sign my base fitness is improving again after the virus

and my nutrition, probably a little low for the output today:

Nutrition Report

Help with this page


Fat - 11.4% (34 grams)
Protein - 31.2% (209 grams)
Carbohydrates - 57.4% (385 grams)
Alcohol - 0%
Other - 0%

Daily Sodium Intake - 4,244 mg
Daily Sugar Intake - 161 grams
Daily Cholesterol Intake - 311 mg
Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 7 grams
Daily Fiber Intake - 54 grams
Nutrition Grade

Date Calories Grams Fat Carbs Protein Grade
2009-10-25 2,622 3,693 34 385 209 A-

No comments:

Post a Comment