Saturday, October 17, 2009

How do they do it?


You know when you're out riding for hours on your own you have a lot of time to ponder life.

today as i took a gentle yet chilly fall ride down to the beaches, I started to notice something i had never considered before. As I was weaving in and out of the minefields of Canadian geese crap littering the cycle path, (trust me getting an unexpected face full of goose poop if it gets thrown up by your front wheel is not one of the sports prettier sides) I was left wondering how the hell it gets the colouring it does.

Each and everyone is about 2-3 inches long and is finished of with a 3/4 inch section of white? How the hell does that happen?

I was reminded of the feeling of bemusement I had as a kid trying to figure out how they got the strips on toothpaste, maybe toothpaste designers in the past were influenced by a walk down lakeshore? who can tell (wikipedia probably)

I tried to find an image on line to illustrate my point however (perhaps luckily) its surprising hard to locate one.....

(update: but search and ye shall find God I love the internet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment